Project Index (Updated 5/19/09!)

Here you'll find a list of all the projects on this blog. Hopefully, this will make navigating just a bit easier! The dates after each entry are the approximate dates I finished each project.

Formals:
NEW! Purple taffeta wedding party (3/09)
Aubergine Rennisance-esque Gown
Winter SkyRennisance-esque Gown
Creamy green bridesmaid dress (3/07)
Ocean Breeze bridesmaid dress (6/07)

Dresses:
Afternoon Dress in Black & White Toile (5/07)

Historical Dress:
Apricot Regency Gown (6/08)
Ocean Blues Titanic Tea Gown (4/05)

Separates:
My Graduation Outfit (12/03)

Crafts:
Shopaholic Shower Curtain (3/07)
Dolly Dresses [Take 1!] (6/07)
Dolly Dresses [Take 2!] (8/07)

Friday, May 30, 2008

Afternoon Dress in Black & White Toile

Patterns: New Look 6557 and vintage Simplicity 4706

Fabric: fabric.com

Spring of 2007 found my wardrobe with no suitable dresses for the coming summer, so I decided to make this one. The fabric is a linen/cotton blend.

I had always liked New Look 6557, but the back was a little more bare than I wanted, so I used the back piece from my vintage Simplicity pattern. I also changed the cummerbund/waistband a bit to be straight across the waist instead of curved, and I made the skirt as full as the 60" wide fabric would allow. The dress closes with a side zipper.

1 comments:

Melinda said...

This dress is really beautiful! I love it!