Project Index (Updated 5/19/09!)

Here you'll find a list of all the projects on this blog. Hopefully, this will make navigating just a bit easier! The dates after each entry are the approximate dates I finished each project.

Formals:
NEW! Purple taffeta wedding party (3/09)
Aubergine Rennisance-esque Gown
Winter SkyRennisance-esque Gown
Creamy green bridesmaid dress (3/07)
Ocean Breeze bridesmaid dress (6/07)

Dresses:
Afternoon Dress in Black & White Toile (5/07)

Historical Dress:
Apricot Regency Gown (6/08)
Ocean Blues Titanic Tea Gown (4/05)

Separates:
My Graduation Outfit (12/03)

Crafts:
Shopaholic Shower Curtain (3/07)
Dolly Dresses [Take 1!] (6/07)
Dolly Dresses [Take 2!] (8/07)

Friday, May 30, 2008

Ocean Breeze bridesmaid dress


Pattern: Simplicity "It's So Easy" #3829

I made this dress for a friend of a friend. It was very simple to put together; the only alteration was to lengthen it from the knee to the floor.

Isn't the color scrumptious? It reminds me of the ocean in Hawaii.

3 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

can you possibly find the pattern number for this dress?? I absolutely love the dress and would love to have the pattern for myself to use. If you have any ideas, can you just leave a comment back?? I'll just have the comments emailed to me. :)

Thanks so much!!!

~ Ruth Ann

April said...

Hello Ruth Ann...I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I asked my friend if she still had the pattern, and she did. It's Simplicity "It's So Easy" #3829. (I've updated this post so you can see the pattern envelope.) Unfortunately, it looks like it's out of print, but I'm sure you can find it on eBay.

Hope this helps!

Ruth Ann said...

April, thank you SO MUCH for doing all the research to find the pattern number. And thank your friend too for looking it up for you. :) I'm so excited and hope to get this pattern. It can be so hard to find modest pretty dress patterns/ideas and when I see something I like - it's so wonderful to have a pattern! And I especially love the fact that all you had to change was the length of the dress - which to me makes all the difference (a huge difference!) in the loveliness of the outfit.

Oh, and I know it was kinda random for me to just jump on your blog and post a comment for a request like that...so now I shall say, I think I found your blog through Cheri's (A Joyful Handmaiden) - though I'm not 100% positive on that one. If you know her, then that's where I found you from. :)

Thanks again so much - you were a blessing to me, and no problem on the time it took you...I was just elated to see the comment! :)

Happy Sewing!!!

~ Ruth Ann