Project Index (Updated 5/19/09!)

Here you'll find a list of all the projects on this blog. Hopefully, this will make navigating just a bit easier! The dates after each entry are the approximate dates I finished each project.

Formals:
NEW! Purple taffeta wedding party (3/09)
Aubergine Rennisance-esque Gown
Winter SkyRennisance-esque Gown
Creamy green bridesmaid dress (3/07)
Ocean Breeze bridesmaid dress (6/07)

Dresses:
Afternoon Dress in Black & White Toile (5/07)

Historical Dress:
Apricot Regency Gown (6/08)
Ocean Blues Titanic Tea Gown (4/05)

Separates:
My Graduation Outfit (12/03)

Crafts:
Shopaholic Shower Curtain (3/07)
Dolly Dresses [Take 1!] (6/07)
Dolly Dresses [Take 2!] (8/07)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hello, 2011

Dear little sewing blog, how I have neglected you! It's not that I haven't been sewing...I just haven't been blogging about it! And, dear me, how you do desperately need an overhaul!

In honor of the new year, I am making just a wee little resolution about my sewing. What with the drain being a full-time student has on my finances, I know that buying new fabric will not really make it in the budget this year. That's okay, though, because I have so many bins of fabric, not to mention the entire bolts of fabric I bought when our local Hancock's went out of business. (What a sad day that was...but at least everything was 90% off!)

My first project will be a highly complicated and technical pair of.........pajama pants. ;-) I actually have never made any before, but after this past week's contract job (six roman shades with accent banding along the tops and sides that took me probably 30 hours start to finish), I'm looking forward to a simple hour or two, instant-gratification job. The fabric is a blue and black plaid flannel that I bought eight years ago to make...something...I can't remember what.

Also on the roster of other projects are a couple of summer dresses. I will be accompanying my sister to a conference in North Carolina this summer, and I'd like to have a couple of new dresses to wear. At least one of these will be out of my Hancock's stash, and I'll see what I can dig up for the other.

Are you planning any stash-busting projects this year? I'd love to hear about them!

1 comments:

Elizabeth J. said...

Well, now that I have a little *girl* I plan on making her plenty of little cotton dresses from my stash, once the weather warms a little and she is more or less walking (it is awfully hard to crawl in a dress, I've noticed).

Other than that, I have no major plans, although I am sure I will think of things to sew now and then. :)